- Makerere University Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Law Development Center- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice(Hons).
Rushongoza is an associate at TASLAF Advocates specializing in corporate and commercial practice and litigation and dispute resolution. Rushongoza is thoroughly grounded in various areas of corporate and commercial law and practice.
Rushongoza holds a Bachelor Of Laws Degree from Makerere University, where he graduated in the Top 10 of his class. He also holds a post graduate diploma In Legal Practice (1st Class Honours) from the Law Development Centre which he attained in 2021. Rushongoza graduated from the Law Development Centre in the Top 10 of his class and is also a receipt of the 2021 Arcadia Award which is given to the best student in Civil Litigation at the Law Development Centre.
Before TASLAF, Rushongoza worked with The Initiative For Social And Economic Rights, a leading Non-Profit Organisation promoting the realization of social and economic rights and with Sebalu & Lule Advocates, a leading law firm in Uganda.
Rushongoza works to offer legal service that is aims to easing the doing of business, and is responsive to the needs of SMEs and local enterprise.
- Assisted in the handling of an arbitration matter involving a client in a dispute worth over 5 Billion Shillings.
- Assisted in the handling of a suit that resulted in a landmark ruling on the powers of court to enlarge time for the conduct of Annual General Meetings in light of exceptional intervening events such as COVID-19.
- Assisted in the handling of a suit that resulted in a landmark decision on the jurisdiction of court in handling faith based legal disputes.
- Provided legal advise to a leading social enterprise on structuring of their franchise business across the country.
- Advised a leading insurance company on how to preserve its security in light of insolvency proceedings being commenced against its client. The transaction was valued at over $2 million.
- Advised a multi-national technology company on the local law aspects of providing an e-tourism service in Uganda.
- Advised a national provident fund on its compliance requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Advised a large International Non Governmental Organisation (INGO) of the options available for the management of employee contracts in light of a government ban of its activities.
- Advised a Foreign Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) on how to utilize the double taxation agreement between Uganda and its country of residence while investing in certain government securities in Uganda.
- Advised a multi-national corporation on the local law aspects of importing and providing network locked devices.
- Advised a client preparing to list on the Uganda Stock Exchange on the impact of the National Broadband policy on the Ugandan telecommunications industry.
- Advised a client on the grounds available for opposition of an insolvency petition against its debtor in a dispute worth over 180 Billion Shillings.
- Advised a client on the local law aspects of a tortious claim lodged in a UK court and on the choice of jurisdiction aspect of the dispute. The dispute is worth over $10m.
- Assisted in the handling of a tax dispute between a client and Uganda Revenue Authority valued at over 10 Billion Shillings.
- Assisted in the handling of an employment litigation matter involving a client. The dispute was worth over 300 Million Shillings.
- Advised a client and structured a transaction for the organization and conduct of online concerts. The transaction was worth over 3.7 Billion Uganda Shillings.